Spokane County Fire District 13
The Newman Lake Fire Auxiliary was organized in 1950 as a way for family and friends to assist, encourage and support the members of Newman Lake Fire and Rescue. We also have fun! As of September 2014, we have 24 members. We are always looking for new members, come join us! We meet the first Monday of every Month, 6:30pm at Fire Station #1. Contact: Kelli Lemley, 990-8797. Follow us on our Facebook page.
Auxiliary members participated in community 2014 4th of July Parade with the newly formed Kazoo Drill Team!
Newman Lake Fire Auxiliary – Activities
- July 4th Hot Dog and T-Shirt Sale
- Sale of Locally Produced Cookbooks
- Purchase of Fire District “Wish List” Items
- Supported Successful Bond Campaign for a New Fire Station (April 2014)
- Auxiliary Members Served on Citizens Committee
- Food for Fire Fighter Training Nights
- Provide Funds for Fire Fighters’ Families to Attend Annual Awards Dinner
- Emergency On Call for food, drink, anything Fire Fighters may need on an extended fire call
- Sponsor Blood Mobile Drives at Community Events
- Welcome Cards to New Residents
- ‘Vial of Life’ Program Support
Auxiliary members outfit the latest addition to the NLFR Fleet for the 4th of July parade
2014 Hot Dog and T-Shirt Sale
Craft "Meeting" - Gourd Birdhouses
Holiday "Meeting" - Goodies, Wine, and Cookie Exchange
Poinsettias ready for pick up. (12/14)
Potluck before another Craft "Meeting"